Jay Reznick, D.M.D., M.D.
Dr. Reznick is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He received his undergraduate Biology degree from CAL-Berkeley, Dental degree from Tufts University, and his M.D. degree from the University of Southern California. He did his internship in General Surgery at Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena and trained in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at L.A. County- USC Medical Center.
His special clinical interests are in the areas of facial trauma, jaw and oral pathology, dental implantology, sleep disorders medicine, laser surgery, and jaw deformities. He also has expertise in the integration of digital photography and imaging in clinical practice.
He frequently lectures at continuing education meetings, and has published articles in JADA, Journal of the California Dental Association, Oral Surgery-Oral Medicine-Oral Pathology, Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry, DentalTown Magazine, CE Digest, and Gastroenterology.
His advice and comments are frequently seen in DentalTown Magazine and on the website DentalTown.com. He is an Administrator of the DentalTown Message Boards and a Moderator of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery section. He was also one of the first contributors to DentalTown’s Online CE.
He is the Director of the Southern California Center for Oral and Facial Surgery, in Tarzana, California. (www.sccofs.com)
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley
- D.M.D., Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- M.D., University of Southern California School of Medicine
- Internship in General Surgery, Huntington Memorial Hospital
- Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, LAC/USC Medical Center
- Encino-Tarzana Regional Medical Center
- LAC/USC Medical Center
- Attending Staff, LAC/USC Medical Center
- Clinical Assistant Professor, USC School of Dentistry
- Surgery Peer and Chart Committee, Encino-Tarzana Regional Medical Center
- Medical Education Committee member. Encino-Tarzana Regional Medical Center. Tarzana, CA
- Board of Advisors. Appliance Therapy Practitioners’ Association. Chatsworth, California
- Moderator, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Forum, www.DentalTown.com website
- Southern California Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- San Fernando Valley Dental Society
- Los Angeles County Medical Association
- California Dental Association
- California Medical Association
- American Dental Association
- American Medical Association
- Southern California Academy of Oral Pathology
- Century Club of USC School of Dentistry
- Salerni Collegium of USC School of Medicine
- Reznick JB: Preservation of Alveolar Bone and Gingival Architecture with New Instruments and Techniques for Exodontia. Dental CE Digest 3(1): 25 – 34, 2006.
- Reznick JB: Review of Common Medical Emergencies in Dental Practice – Part II. DentalTown 5(9): 68 – 76, 2004.
- Reznick JB: Review of Common Medical Emergencies in Dental Practice – Part I. DentalTown 5(8): 40 – 52, 2004.
- Reznick JB: Options in Alveolar Ridge Preservation Grafting. DentalTown 5(7): 28 – 34, 2004.
- SimmonsJH, Reznick JB and Veis R: Causes and Treatment of Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. SMILE Foundation, Space Maintainers Laboratory Publication. Chatsworth, CA 2002.
- Friedman MJ, Eckhart JE, Simmons JH and Reznick JB: Snoring and Sleep Apnea: Dental and Medical Perspectives. Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry 22(5): 414 – 422, 2001.
- Reznick JB: Cervicofacial Liposuction in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Journal of the California Dental Association 22(4): 41 – 45, 1994.
- Reznick JB, Ardary WC: Case Report: Cervicofacial Subcutaneous Air Emphysema After Dental Extraction. Journal of the American Dental Association 120(4): 417 – 419, 1990.
- Reznick JB, Gilmore WC: Host Response to Infection of a Subperiosteal Hydroxylapatite Implant. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 67 (6): 665 – 672, 1989.
- Dooley CP, Reznick JB, and Valenzuela JE: A Continuous Manometric Study of the Pylorus. Gastroenterology 89(4): 821-826, 1985.
- Dooley CP, Reznick JB, and Valenzuela JE: Variations in Gastric and Duodenal Motility During Gastric Emptying of Liquid Meals in Man. Gastroenterology 87(5): 1114-1119, 1984.